Raffle Ticket Winners 2019

Mountain Ridge News Nugget

Order Yearbook

Reading Inventory

Report Behavior Problems

Guidance Office


At what age do I need/not need a work permit?
You need a work permit starting at the age of 14 and you will need one until you graduate high school.

How do I find out what particular colleges require for admission?
You can find out what colleges require by contacting each college through their website or through their admissions office.

How many times should I take the SAT?
You should take the SAT as many times as you would like. You should look at the colleges you are interested in and what their requirements are.

Should I take the ACT?
Whether or not you should take the ACT depends on the colleges you are interested in.

How do I sign up to take the SAT?
You can sign up at or in the guidance office.

How do I sign up to take the ACT?

You can sign up at

How do I schedule my classes?
You can schedule your classes through ASPEN after meeting with a guidance counselor.

Where can I find the high school graduation requirements?
You can find the requirements in the Program of Study, course selection sheets or on the Board of Education’s website.

What do I need to go to the Career Center?
1. Students enrolled in the Allegany County School System who have successfully completed the ninth and tenth grades are eligible to attend CCTE.
2. Students in the Allegany County School System who have successfully completed the eleventh grade and who only need English IV to graduate are eligible to attend CCTE in the senior option program.
3. Students should have an understanding of their interests, abilities and achievements in relation to their chosen career program.
Students enrolling at the Career Center must have a minimum of 12 credits including the following:

  • English I
  • English II
  • Physical Education
  • Government
  • World History
  • Foundations of Technology
  • (One) Science
  • Algebra I
  • Fine Arts

(Government, World History and Foundations of Technology will be available to students who are new to the Allegany County School System.)

What is our school code for the SAT?
The CEEB code is 210541. It is important to use this code so your school receives your test scores.

Where can I find a tutor?
Tutoring is available through the guidance office.

Are there any important things I should know when signing up for the SAT?
When signing up for the SAT always choose the 4 colleges you want to send your scores to.

At what point can I drop a full year class?
You can drop a full year class before the end of the first 3 weeks of school.

At what point can I drop a semester class?

You can drop a semester class before the end of the first 2 weeks of each semester.

How do I get money for college?
2. The college’s scholarships
3. Independent scholarships

How many AP classes should I take?
The number of AP classes you should take depends on your ability as a student and what your parents would prefer.




Principal: Danny Carter
Assistant Principal: James Evans
Assistant Principal: Katherine Loughrie

Contact Information

100 Dr. Nancy S. Grasmick Lane
Frostburg, Maryland 21532
Telephone: 301-689-3377
Fax: 301-689-8709